I thought it might be fun – since we’ve been talking so much about basics over here – to show you how I love to mix and match those pieces with stand-out statement pieces to create endless amounts of fresh, new outfits. Once you have your basic wardrobe down, its SO SO easy to create loads of different outfits with just a few new statement additions. I think I’ll do this from time to time with pieces from different online stores and call it the “wardrobe refresh” series. Today, I went to boohoo.com and found a TON of cute pieces to play around with. For this post, I’ve narrowed it down to 3 different pieces for a total of CAD $112. Heres what I came up with…
First, this flirty summer bodysuit is just adorable. The halter neck and ruffles keep it super light and fun while the white colour makes it SO easy to wear! Pair this with black, blue or white jeans topped with a cute jean or army jacket, a jean skirt and sandals or a leather skirt and heels for a night time look.
Next up is this gorgeous embroidered mini skirt. This would pair perfectly with the bodysuit above and a cute pair of heels. It can also easily be dressed down and worn with a black, white or grey t-shirt and a jean jacket with some cute scrappy sandals. Another idea is to wear it with a black lace cami and top it with a leather jacket and black heels or booties for a going out look.
Finally, we have these cute little gingham sandals. I love these because 1) they have a low block heel which will make them comfortable and practical and 2) the gingham print will add a little pop of interest to an otherwise basic outfit. The wrap around tie detail will also add a fun, flirty vibe. I’d wear these with the bodysuit above and any pair of jeans or a jean skirt, I’d wear them with a little white dress and a jean jacket, or even with an all black look for nighttime.
Whenever I shop, I love to think of all the possible ways that I can wear an item before I commit to it. My rule of thumb is that I need to be able to wear it with 3 different outfits that I already have in my wardrobe in order to buy it. This ensures that I get the most bang for my buck (and a bunch of new outfits!).
Let me know what you think of my little series!
Today I’m coming at you with some GORGEOUS statement earrings. These are all so pretty and unique, but the best part….? They’re all SO AFFORDABLE!! If you know me, you know I LOVE a great deal. YAHOOOOO – check it out.
I hope you love these stunning picks as much as I do!
I’m Caitlin and I’ve been an avid blog-lover for as long as blogs have been “A THING.” Soooo… I figured, it’s about time I start my own.
My daily reading list includes:
- Pink Peonies by Rach Parcell – I love how she shares her sweet family and gorgeous home. Not to mention her impeccable, fun style.
- The Sweetest Thing by Emily Gemma – Her hair, her lashes, her hubby, her baby, her WARDROBE. OMG she is just so lovely (and hilarious!)
- Southern Curls & Pearls by Caitlin Covington – Caitlin seems like the sweetest girl and her style is so well put together, plus she’s so well-written.
- Gal Meets Glam by Julia Engel – I’ve been reading Julia’s blog since pretty much the beginning. It’s been so amazing and inspiring to see how its grown and changed over the years – and her husband takes all of her stunning photos. AMAZING husband and wife team.
These ladies have been a part of my daily life for years now. If you haven’t checked them out, you need to. Right now.
So now you know who I like to keep up with, but you don’t know much else about me. Here are a few things to get you up to speed.
- First and foremost, I love everything fashion and beauty
- But, I’m still figuring out what my style is and I’m not 100% confident that I know what I want that to look like yet
- I recently graduated with a degree in business finance, which I love, but I don’t want to make a career out of – a need something a little more creative (as much as I LOVE numbers), but I’m not really sure what that’ll be yet
- I’ve been a vegetarian – mostly plant-based – for the past 3 years, but before that I went back and forth (probably 4 or 5 times) for 4 years
- I’m constantly learning. I seek out new podcasts, self-improvement books and courses all the time to develop some skills in all the subjects that I’m interested in because, again, I don’t really know what I want to do
- I love it when bloggers, YouTubers and social media influencers keep things real with their followers. I think social media has a way of pressuring us all to show only the very best part of our lives, which honestly, isn’t very realistic. Sometimes its nice to see someone online open up about something that’s totally not going their way. It makes them seem more human in a way.
- I LOVE FLOWERS. Can you tell? My favorites are peonies, white roses and hydrangeas.. so pretty.
Well. Now you know a little something about me. I hope you’ve enjoyed my first post. I’m so excited to come back with more for ya!