Hey friends! Happy Friday!!
Today is the second instalment of my Fall/Winter refresh. If you missed my post from yesterday, check that out to see my first 5 tips.
- Complete all those little tasks you’ve been putting off: We all have that mental list of things we need to do… eventually. Hang that picture, get that dripping faucet fixed, have a new key cut, etc. These nagging little tasks often get pushed aside in favour of more pressing issues – rightfully so. However, setting aside half a day to knock all these little things off your list will not only make you feel great about your home, it’ll give you such a sense of accomplishment for FINALLY completing them.
- Clean or replace (and donate!) old throw blankets, pillows and rugs: Textiles can really cozy up your home. With constant use and wear, they can begin to feel a little dingy. Tossing throw pillow covers and blankets in the wash regularly will keep them feeling and smelling clean. As for your carpets, a good vacuum and an inexpensive cleaner (which can be found online or at Walmart/grocery stores) will make a world of difference.
- Deep clean your fridge and freezer: I happen to be pretty good about cleaning out the fridge and keeping things tidy. Even so, I’m always amazed at what a good purge and clean with hot soapy water can do for it. Bonus points for purchasing a new package of baking soda to keep things smelling fresh.
- Purchase new candles and candle holders: There’s nothing quite like candles to create a cozy ambiance in the fall and winter months. Walmart and Amazon are my go-to place to buy inexpensive candles (non-scented – I prefer to keep things natural with essential oils because allergies). Cute new candle holders can be found at Ikea, Structube or Home Sense for cheap. You can also check out second hand stores or garage sales. Pick up a few different styles of candle holder and spray paint them all the same colour for a fun DIY project.
- Clean your carpets and deep clean your hardwood or tile: Buy, rent or hire a carpet cleaner to clear out all the gunk and dirt that a vacuum cleaner just can’t reach. Clean dust out of hardwood corners and give them a good wash and finish up by cleaning tile grout with a toothbrush. Super clean floors make a beautiful canvas for a fresh home!
I hope you enjoyed my little mini-series. Have a great weekend!